Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hello all it is Evans...
Here is a list of some of the activities we are looking at:

*The Savannah Music Festival going on from 3/17-4/2. Really cool stuff!!

*Book Club, and if everyone would email Laurel about it and let her know type of books, (i.e.) length, intensity, subject, that would be good. Also let her know how often we should meet to discuss them. I know John, Forrest, Laurel and myself are interested and hopefully others are too!

*We need to break Mr. Teets home in correctly as well, so whenever he has done all the grunt work of moving in we should have a party planned to make it feel like a home. Any suggestions of days???

*The Chamber of Commerce sponsors a "Taste of Savannah" every couple of months and I can get us tickets at them member prices of $5 each. On April 27th they are having the "Taste of Southside" at the Armstrong Sports Arena. Everyone gets to get semi-dressed up and tour various foods from business on the Southside. Makes me feel like a grown-up...

*SCAD has the Sidewalk Art Festival April 29th at Forsyth Park. Might be fun if it is a pretty day...

*Everyone start thinking of a time where we can get a group of us to go see a Braves game. I have a person who works there and she should be able to get us tickets either free or pretty cheap. I would say we make a weekend out of it and go to the new aquarium (someone suggested, Ellen maybe?) or something else fun. I think I can get us a discounted rate on hotels there; it will depend on how many go. Sometime after us Russian travelers get back may work...July???

*I am trying to find out when the Shakespeare in the Park is. I know last year it was in May, anybody know? I have been twice and it is neat to picnic and watch it plus it is FREE!

*The Fine Arts on the River Festival has good stuff going on down on River Street from May 5th -7th. They have tons of different bands and some awesome food! It runs all day too so we there is a lot of flexibility.

*Other ideas include: A lock-in, Putt-Putt, Movie nights...and of course Ms. Heather's Poker Night!!!!!

I got plenty more stuff, so quit your job and lets go...

Evans

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home